Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fun & games

Quiz Answers

Well I have managed to get my PC back at last and so can put up the the answers to the Countries quiz.
Well I thought I had Will on the first round, but I think I DID give him too much information by saying he was on the right lines.
Yes Will all roads led to TOM HANKS!! But, the concord connection is with where he was born, I thought that it was easy to put a picture of Concord up!

Anyway, no-one got 100% this time around, but I have been a bit lienient in the marking, so here we go the winner, and by a margin of only 3 points was....


WILL!!! My mum is going to be berating me for giving you the clue to Tom Hanks, as she doesn't very often get the link, but did really well this time. Pleased I caught you out with the little mermaid though Will ;)

Will got 66 right out of the maximum 70, which again is fantastic.

MUM came second, with a stirling effort of 63! No wonder she picked countries, sorry about the flags, I didn't know they showed up wrong! But great effort mum, and you spotted the Concord link sort of.

KIM, You made it into the 50's with a great score of 55! That has been enough to win in the past, but your Bro' is just too good!

Answers:

Round 1 : 1)Lincoln Cathedral – Lincoln, 2)Liberty Bell – Philadelphia, 3)JFK Airport – New York 4)Concorde, 5)Space Needle - Seattle
The link is Tom Hanks as The Da Vinci Code was filmed in Lincoln Cathedral, Philadelphia was a Hanks Oscar winner, JFK was the airport in the Hanks film The Terminal, Concord was where he was born, and finally Seattle from the film Sleepless in Seattle.

Round 2:1)Arc de Triomphe – Paris, 2) Big Ben – London, 3)Taj Mahal – Agra , India,
4)Mount Fuji – Japan, 5)Sydney Opera House – Sydney, 6)The White House – Washington, 7) Leaning Tower of Pisa – Pisa, 8)Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, 9)Jesus Statue – Rio de Janero, 10)Little Mermaid - Copenhagen

Round 3:1) Is this the way to Amerillo every night I’ve been huggin’ my pillow – Tony Christie
2) Black and whispering as the rain, on the streets of PhiladelphiaBruce Sprinstein
3) I’m just the Devil with love to spare, Viva Las VegasElvis
4) Barcelona, Like a jewel in the sun – Freddie Mercury
5) On a cold and grey Chicago mornin’ a poor little baby child is born – Elvis
6) Cause London is burning and I, I live by the river – The Clash
7) As he carry’s me home to the Mull of Kintyre – Wings
8) Bangkok Oriental setting and the city don’t know that the city is getting – Murray Head
9) It means nothing to me. This means nothing to me. Oh ViennaUltravox

10) New York, London, Paris, Munich - M

OK change of order, Will get your thinking cap on, I'd like a theme for the next Quiz. And Kim can you give me one too, that way the next quiz will be one or the other theme, and it is going to be pot luck which one it is going to be.

I am off to Costa Rica tomorrow, so until the next time have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Will said...

Okay, I'm not complaining, but Hanks was in a movie that had a concorde in it, according to wikipedia, I'm just saying...(just defending myself, I stopped looking when I found that).

As for a theme, how about "Down Unda' Mate" or "Sci-Fi" or "Exotic Foods" (Watching the Travel Channel, and some guy drinking a lizard saki, and eating frog hearts and frog sashimi sorry) or how about "Blue"

Anonymous said...

OH I feel ill. Sounds like a good theme though you have given me some nice ones to think about.
BTW take another point for the concord connection.