Thursday, February 01, 2007

Weekly Question

Mobile Phones or Digital Camera's










Well last times question raised the issue of whether or not 35mm Film was dead. Now I was very surprised at the results that turned up, I thought it would be a lot closer than it was, the results were;



Yes - 27.3%



No - 72.7%



No-one sat on the fence on this one. So to move the question on a bit I got to thinking, the new phone I have from the company is a Nokia N73, that features a 3.2 Megapixel digital camera, and has features that tend to concentrate around the camera more than anything else. So are digital camera's on their way out???


Some how I doubt it, but it does beg the question, why do we not have mobile phones any more that can just be used as a phone, or texting service?

It's ridiculous the amount of features that you get on phones nowaday's, I mean mine as well as a phone, is a good camera, an MP3 player, a handheld games machine, and a video camera!



What No phone?



As I have said the digital camera is here to stay, so to is the handheld game console, for now anyway, but what of the IPod, and MP3 players?

Well the company phone I have has a slot for a mini SD card, which at present can store up to 1Gb of information, given that the average CD quality MP3 song is about 5Mb in size, your looking at around 200 song storage capacity, plus you can adapt those songs for your ringtones. Now what format is in danger?? Apple have seen the light by releasing the iPhone, and other manufacturers are putting more and more stuff in their phones.

Do we use it? Well I have taken some photo's using my phone, which I will post next time, I have uploaded some MP3 songs to the phone, and I have made one of them into my ringtone. I have also spent some time playing on the game that came with the phone. Not all us 40 year olds are technophobes you know.

So it begs an answer to the question, will the mobile phone replace all our handheld gadgets in the future? Watch this space!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
I certainly hope not I've only just got the hang of half of the workings on mine and I've just got a new mobile with camera I haven't got the foggiest about!!

Anonymous said...

Heck no, no way, no how. But, Hey, I'm biased.