Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fun & Games

Weekly Quiz Answers

I am writing this from a little hotel in the sticks, in a small American 'village' called Harleyville. The quiz that was set on a theme by Kim, of Children, turned out to be a good choice by her. Now it could be because she was very good, or it could be because her brother Will missed the boat, but despite the fact she didn't answer the lrics round as I had asked, she still came out on top with 55.
However, my mum who herself will admit she is no good at films and that, finished with a magnificent 51, I got your email citing the Beatles link. (Well Done MUM!)
Now I am going to give my Mum a chance for the next quiz, I need you to come up with a theme for the next quiz mum.

Well done Kim, here are the answers;





1) Sean Penn in I am Sam
2) Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama
3) Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds
4) Denzil Washington in Man on Fire
5) Robert De Niro in Hide and Seek

Link: Child star Dakota Fanning, who starred in all the films.


Round 2: Child stars
1) David Duchovney
2) George Harrison
3) Halle Berry
4) John Lennon
5) Julia Roberts
6) Keanu Reeves
7) Mick Jagger
8) Paul McCartney
9) Tina Turner
10) Ringo Star

Four of these fresh faced youths went on to become The Beatles!

Round 3: Lyrics
1) and take a glance at the fancy ants - The Jungle Book
2) There’s magic everywhere -The Lion King
3) It’s the hard knock life - Annie
4) Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo - Cinderella
5) When I see an elephant fly- Dumbo
6) Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay - Song of the South
7) feed the birds, tuppence a bag- Mary Poppins
8) No request is too extreme - Pinocchio
9) On a magic carpet ride - Aladdin
10) But we don’t know what we dig ‘em for- Snow White



Round 4: Quizzicles
1) Piper Maru (Gillian Anderson)
2) Duncan Zowie Heywood Jones (David Bowie)
3) Kal-el (Nicholas Cage)
4) Elijah Blue (Cher)
5) Peaches Honeyblossom (Bob Geldof/Paula Yates)
6) Homer James Jigme (Richard Gere)
7) Makena’lei Gordon (Helen Hunt)
8) Tallulah Pine (Simon le Bon)
9) Sage Moonblood (Sly Stallone)
10) Gaia Romilly (Emma Thompson)
11) Diva Muffin (Frank Zappa)
12) Shiloh Nouvel (Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie)
13) Alcamy (Lance Henriksen)
14) Coco Riley (Courtney Cox Arquette/David Arquette)
15) Sailor Lee (Christie Brinkley)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, Nice to here all the way from USA. Didn't I do well!!
Can you do a quiz on Cities or Countries perhaps seeing as you travel so much. Take good care
Lots of love Mumxx

Anonymous said...

Cities an countries it is then.

By the way Kim you do't escape your doing the next on, and Will the next for missing this one! Wahey, three weeks where I don't have to come up with a theme myself!

Anonymous said...

OH man, I definitely don't get an A+ in paying attention. I totally missed the way I was supposed to answer your lyrics last time around. I'm a big goofball. Sorry. I'll start working on this one as soon as I get a minute. It's been crazy here the last few weeks.

hehe, I also got a good giggle at your "village" reference. We call them towns. :o) Just another great realization of the difference between countries.

Will said...

Well, every once in a while I give my big sister a break, I don't want to dash her hopes and dreams every week. As for three weeks from now, how about a missing in action quiz since I was, well, missing in action for this last one. Maybe some invisibles, some shots of movies where you have to say what main character is missing, song lyrics where you say one line and we have to tell you the next missing line, stuff like that