Friday, September 15, 2006

Paranormal

Weekly Question - Do Ghosts Exist?








You may not have gathered this, but apart from films being a love of mine, another thing that I am very, very interested in is the Paranormal, and the Unknown. Things like ghost stories and unexplained phenomena fascinate me. I remember as a kid avidly watching Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World, and been gobsmacked. I would buy the 'Unknown' type books from Readers Digest and read them cover to cover 3 or four times over.
I regularly have a look at Most Haunted just to try and get a sighting, of something as seen in my previous subject, and sighting ( My sighting ) which is one of the reasons why I fully believe that there is such a thing as Ghosts. The thing is Do You?
Let's have a look at some things...

The overwhelming amount of people that have reported seeing strange and unexplained things, cannot be explained away as sensationalism, or people trying to obtain publicity. There have been reported ghost sightings since time began, and long before papers were invented, so lets rule that one out for a start.

The next thing is the amount of pictures that are out there reportedly capturing a ghostly image. Now experts have the technology to determine things about the photo such as double exposures, under exposure, digital manipulation and the like. I would think that 75% of the photo's taken can be ruled out as fake either intentional or unintentional. But what of the other 25%?? Also what of the vast amount of stories that have come to the forefront regarding Hauntings, the Connecticut house is a case in point. Why would normal everyday people want to make this up, they only face ridicule and the kids get bullied, so why do it?

I suspect there are an awful lot of sightings or events that go unreported, and therefore are never shown, or heard of. Seeing a ghost creates a stigma on that person, I never told of the one I saw for years after.

Have a look at this picture.








At first glance it looks like two ghostly images forming in space, but I think (and remember I am a believer) all it is, is smoke from the person taking the photo. But then again, isn't smoke thicker than that, less transparent? Difficult isn't it to tell the real from the fake.
But now click on this link and watch the video, tell me what you think.

Ghostly door

Very Strange, but is it something that could have been faked somehow? I really don't know. Which I suppose is the thing that all the skeptics say, "Prove they exist!", and when images are produced to try and prove the existence of ghosts, they are pooh-poohed, and put down as fakes.
Just imagine seeing something like this though in your shed window;







I know what I would be dreaming about those glowing eyes for quite a while, and what about seeing this on your pet dog, would you be ushering it out the door as soon as you could to fend for itself?







For all you Americans out there, would you continue camping in the wilds of Gettysburg, if you happened to see something like this tramping through the undergrowth?





I hope that I have grabbed your attention, and just given you a little bit more reason to believe in something, even if it isn't ghosts. I hope in the future to be able to post stories of ghostly phenomena, that have not been explained. Along with pictures of course, I hope also that people will share with me their stories, you can use my email link if you would like, and I will try to post your tale.

Whatever, you believe have a vote on the weekly poll, and let the world know what you think.

By the way the result of the last poll "Are We Winning the War on Terror" produced the following results.

Yes - 30.4%

No - 69.6%

Thanks to all those 24 who voted.

So remember when you go to sleep tonight in your cosy warm bed, you will have someone watching over you. You may not know it, you may not feel it, but they will be there. Just hope that they don't get as close as this.







Until next time SLEEP TIGHT!

No comments: