Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hauntings,Ghosts,Paranormal

Most Haunted and the Like





I watched for the first time in ages last night a program on LivingTV called 'Most Haunted'. Now I used to watch this program religiously, and was always fascinated with the results and events unearthed by the team of Yvette Fielding, Karl Beattie, Derek Acorah, and the Most Haunted crew. But then Derek seemed to be gettin 'possessed by spirits' every week, and going off on one, leading believability lacking and viewing pleasure completely ruined! But last night was pretty good...



Derek has left the show and been replaced by David Wells, who never has to be possessed, to get his point across (although I do miss the scousers tones of "Sam, Sam can ya ear me Sam?"), and genuinely seems to pick up on things that he has no way of knowing about previously. So the believability factor has returned. They also have a new skeptic paraphyscologist onboard who is willing to except certain events on face value, rather than bending over backwards in trying to get a scientific explanation like Ciaran O'Keefe used to.

Yvette Fielding more scary than the ghosts!


So to last nights show, it took place at the North East Air Museum in Sunderland, that used to be Sunderland's Airport. The program centered around two entities, one who was protective of an Air/Sea rescue helicopter, and another a WW2 German spy. Most of the activity was things been thrown at the crew, or noises picked up. But what was very clear was it was a pretty active place.

The only problem is you NEVER really get to see anything, just hear things and have the crews debatable input. But the best thing about the show is the sheer terror sometimes that the crew invoke. Screams, shouts, swearing, running it all happens when something kicks off, but they only have them selves to blame. I mean last night Karl was challenging the helicopter spirit to make him stop playing with the controls. When he felt his arm been pulled off, he near shit himself, and was panicking like anything to get out of the cockpit.



The Most Haunted Team



Whatever you believe in there are things in these types of shows that really make you question whether something is out there or not. I believe there is something that cant be explained, and believe it or not I have witnessed something that had me shitting myself too. I also had someone with me to confirm what I saw, as he saw it too.

My Sighting



Let me take you back to my RAF days, I was stationed at RAF Gutersloh in Germany, and just happened to be on guard around 12:30 am, with a colleague behind a hanger. The weather was pretty pleasant for that time of night, and the sanger we were in was located amongst a crop of trees, the year 1987.

We were chatting quite normally, not really doing what we should have, in watching out the front of the sanger, it was pretty grim inside so we lingered about at the back. Suddenly, both of us shut up talking, don't ask why we just felt something, we didn't hear anything, it was just a feeling we had that I still cant describe. We looked to our right and saw a figure running in a crouched position dressed in WW2 uniform and tin hat (remember I was services), carrying what looked to be a rifle. The figure ran toward a clump of silver birches on our left, no more than 5ft away from us, we were about to issue the challenge, when the figure faded away into the trees. By faded I mean disappeared, dissolved, vanished.

We looked at each other, mouthed the words "F*!KING HELL!!" and promptly left our position, walking very fast back to the crew room. Now our Flight sergeant asked what why the devil we were not at the sanger (although he used more colourful language), but then he saw how white we were, and strangely quietend down told us to get a cup of tea, and never sent anyone back out to the sanger for the remainder of the exercise.

The strange thing is at the time of viewing this, we never felt no fear, didn't feel threatened, and basically felt very calm. Once whatever it was had gone however, that is when we started to shake!

I have not related this story to anyone before, in it's entirety, but have decided to now. I don't know what any of the rest of you think, but it would be nice to know, it would also be nice if I could with permission post any of your stories of a ghostly nature.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly come up with a lot of different subjects on your blog Dave. You didn't tell me about your soldier ghost. Good idea to post other stories.