Saturday, December 16, 2006

Fun & Games

The Bumper Christmas Quiz

Ok folks, it's now ready, the Christmas quiz has arrived, and you have got all the holiday's to have a go at it. If you have had a go tell your friends to try it as well. It's all a bit of fun, it's all based on the time of the year and I hope it's not going to be too easy.

There are a possible 52 points to score, funnily enough that is a point for each week of the year, which will also be the points total available for the special New Year quiz I plan to do.

So without further ado, click on continue and let the fun and frustration begin



Round 1: Mixed up stars

Not the Christmas star, but movie stars, just give me the name of the star that represents the Head, Eyes, Nose, Mouth and Chin of this weird looking bloke, and let me know the link. 10 points on offer here.






Round 2:- Christmas Movies

Narrows down the field a bit with a title like that! Just tell me the name of the movie. 10 points on offer!

1)














2)

















3)















4)













5)













6)













7)














8)
















9)

















10)





















Round 3: Christmas Lyrics

All of these are Christmas hits, but what songs are these lyrics from and who are the artists. 20 points up for grabs here.

1) Once bitten and twice shy, I keep my distance but tears still catch my eye.

2) You Scumbag, You maggot, you cheap, lousy faggot, happy Christmas your arse I pray God it's our last.

3) When the snowman brings the snow, well he just might like to know.

4) Does he turn up on his sleigh, do the fairies keep him sober for a day.

5) Dreams of Santa, Dreams of snow, fingers numb, faces aglow.

6) A ray of light flickers in the sky, a tiny star lights up way up high.

7) We let in light and banish shade.

8) Where tree tops glisten and children listen.

9) The party's on the feelings here.

10) And this one, this is my son's favourite, do you know this one? Oh I do indeed It's a lovely thing. Come they told me pa rum pum pum pum.

Round 4: 12 days of Christmas Quizzicles

Well not exactly 12 days of Christmas, but 12 questions on Christmas for a possible 12 points.

1) In the song "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" What did Grandma go to get?

2) What did the true love send on the 6th day of christmas?

3) Who kept time with the little drummer boy?

4) What holiday drink has sugar, milk and eggs?

5) What reindeer is never mentioned in "The Night Before Christmas"?

6) What were Frosty the Snowman's last words?

7) Traditionally who opens the first present, the oldest or youngest family member?

8) What country started the tradition of exchanging gifts?

9) How many times does the name Santa Claus appear in "The Night Before Christmas"?

10) Who wrote "The Night Before Christmas"?

11) After red and green what are the two most popular christmas colours?

12) What were the names of the Three Kings?

Good Luck Everyone, and A Very Merry Christmas to you All!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm going to post the answers that I think are it now and keep working on those I can't get just yet.

Head
Eyes - Leslie Nielson
Nose - Tim Allen
Mouth - Richard Attenborough
Chin - Edmund Gwenn

The link is actors who've played Santa Clause in movies (ummmm, I think)

1) The Grinch
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas
3) White Christmas
4)
5) Scrooge
6) Jingle All the Way
7) The Santa Clause
8)
9) Miracle on 34th Street
10)Bad Santa

1) Last Christmas (I've not ever heard this song)
2) Fairytale of New York (hmmm, I've never heard this song either)
3) I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday (nor this one)
4) Merry Christmas Everybody (This one too)
5) Mistletoe and Wine (and this one)
6) When a Child is Born (still, not heard of it)
7) Do They Know It's Christmas (oh wait, I've heard this one)
8) White Christmas (and definitely this one)
9)
10) Drummer Boy (and for sure, this one)

There must be a huge difference between what's popular in the States and what's popular in England.

1) Her medication
2) Six geese a-laying
3) The ox and lamb
4) Egg nog
5) Rudolf
6) "Don't you cry, I'll be back again some day"
7) The youngest
8) Italy
9) None - he's called St. Nick or ST. Nicholas throughout the poem
10) Clement Clarke Moore
11) Silver and white
12) Balthasar, Casper, and Melchior

Anonymous said...

4) in the movies is Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. I knew I recognized David Bowie.

Impman said...

I couldn't really make that one into an invisible!

I am not giving any hints on how well or badly you have done though.

By the way if you have never heard of the songs how have you got the answers you have?

Oh if you want to hear what you have put to number six, click on the blue arrow next to the songs in the left hand colum. I am SURE you will recognise the song!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, haven't much time to do the quiz but will do what I can
I don't know the faces, the chin looks like Saddam Hussein!!
Next round
1@2Don't know
3-White Christmas Bing Crosby
4-Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence David Bowie
5-Scooge-A Christmas Carol-Alistair Sims
6-7-8-Don't know
9-Miracle of 34th Street
One of them could be Nighmare befor Christmas and another one How the Grinch stole Christmas but probably not.
Next round only know two
8-I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
10-Little Drummer Boy
Questions
1-Medication
2-Geese
3-Ox and Lamb
4-Egg nog
5-Rudolph
6-I'll be back again some day
7-Oldest
8-Germany
9-None
10-Clement Clarke Moore
11-Gold and Silver
12-Balthasar Melchior Gaspar


Got Tashs parcel today and your cards yesterday thanks.
Love yaxx

Anonymous said...

I looked everything up. :o) Is that cheating? :o) For your actor and movie pictures, you pretty much have to know the movie or name of the person in order to get them, but I most often have to look up your quizzical section. I'm really learning a lot from answering the questions though. Tell me if I shouldn't look them up. If not, Will would probably beat me every time (oh wait, he does that anyways) :o)

Impman said...

The whole idea of the quiz is to expand your knowledge by looking things up.

Keep Looking Kim, Keep Looking!

:O)

Anonymous said...

Hi dave
I am just going to update the quiz as Andy my colleague at work wants to enter the song titles.
Round 3
1-Wham Last Christmas
2-Pogues and Kirsty MacColl Fairy Tale of NY
3-Wizzard I wish it could be Christmas every day
4-Spice Girls Merry Christmas every body
5-Cliff Richard Mistletoe andWine
6-Johnny Mathis A child is born
7-Band Aid Do they know its Christmas time
8-Bing Crosby White Christmas
9-Paul McCartney A Wonderful Christmas time
10-David Bowie Little drummer boy

Will said...

Ok, I finally got a chance to sit down and try this one.

Mixed Up Stars
Head - ?
Eyes - Leslie Nielsen
Nose - Tim Allen
Mouth - Richard Attenborough
Chin - ?

They all played (or dressed) as Santa Claus

2: Christmas Movies

1) How The Grinch Stole Christmas
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas
3) White Christmas
4) Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
5) Scrooge
6) Jingle All The Way
7) The Santa Clause
8)
9) Miricle On 34th Street
10) Bad Santa

3: Christmas Lyrics

1) Last Christmas
2) Fairy Tale in New York
3) I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
4) Merry Christmas Everybody
5) Mistletoe & Wine
6) When A Child Is Born
7) Do They Know It's Christmas?
8) White Christmas
9)
10) Little Drummer Boy

4: 12 Days of Christmas Quizzicles

1) her medication
2) six geese a-laying
3) the ox and lamb
4) egg nog
5) Rudolph (although Dunder and Blixem always get their names misspelled and mispronounced)
6) "It's too darn hot!" No, no, no, I was just kidding. "I'll be back again someday"
7) The youngest, although in my family for a long time the order went the oldest first, then the youngest and up the line after that.
8) Italy (Kim ought to know)
9) Tricky, but none. St. Nicholas, St. Nick yes, Santa Claus, no.
10) Clement Clarke Moore
11) Silver and Gold
12) Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas