Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Weekly Question

Do you surf in Work time?

OK first things first, sorry I haven't posted for a while but I have had to watch my step at work, as I have been told off for doing to much internet browsing during work time!

The thing is, after I have completed all of the support emails that come in to us, and answered them to the customers satisfaction, there isn't that much else to do. I complete my other tasks quickly and efficiently so what should I do after that?? Assist others, well there is nothing I can do to help. Go home? No chance of that! Sit at my desk and pick my nose??? NO! So what do I do? Well I keep myself active by writing my blog, and looking out for a new job LOL!

But this had me thinking, just how many people DO surf during work time and how long do they surf for? Lets have a look...


By surfing I mean, writing blogs, going to chat rooms, writing messages on forums, and basically job hunting or shopping on the net. So hands up out there who have done it outside of lunch hour, or outside of T-Break. How many have done this kind of surfing during a quite period? How many have bought things on the net at work? How many have downloaded things at work, saved them on a memory stick and then transferred them to their home PC???

I would say quite a few thousand.

In fact I would go as far to say that 95% of people that have access to a PC at work have done so.

But I am not the only guy at work to surf, my colleague is just as bad as me, if not worse! But did he get told off? Well not yet, but then he hasn't made it obvious that he is looking for a new job. I think my mistake was forgetting that I had printed off my CV, and a job description, but left it in the group printer....OOOOOPPPPPSSS!

So the quiz may be a little late this week, we shall see, it may even be a little early. Keep your eyes peeled, and just answer the weekly poll question.

Last weeks question: Who handles a cold or flu better?

Men - 0%
Both the same - 0%
Women 100%

OK, OK, Don't rub it in ladies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Dave I do a bit of surfing at work as you know. I do your quiz for a start and look at images on google; I have also bought things. I mostly do it on my long weekend shifts. Oh! I also click on your blog adverts!!

Impman said...

Nice one mum!

ladyluck3819 said...

i do it, and too often!!