Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fun & Games

Weekly Quiz

Yes it's that time of the week again, time for you to get those "little grey cells" working. It's quiz time, and it's a little bit different this week. There are no celebrities for you to identify in Round 2 (Yar Booo says Will), but there are some brand logo's and things for you to identify. I got the idea from Will's quiz, where you have to identify some movie posters. You may also stand a better chance this week, as Will is off to his sisters in Italy for Thanksgiving, you guys have a fantastic time OK?!
So what happened last week? Well it was a very close thing, and the link WAS a fairly tenuative one, but by explosive I meant fireworks, so if you thought of November 5th, and looked at the Top 5 US box office films, you may have got the link. So without further ado here are the results.

The winner with 24 points out of 35 was......


WILL!

With 20 out of 35, tied was Kim and Mum, and Big Sis you managed to get 17. OK so that was last weeks score, on with this weeks quiz.

Round 1: Movie Link

Take a look at the screenshot, name the actor/actress and the show or movie they are in, and then give me the link.

1)



2) Just the guy in the Suit and Tie please.



3)



4)



5)



A possible 15 points available here.

Round 2: Branded!

Below are a lot of symbols, logo's and parts of badges from well known products or services, you just have to name them. A couple of the images have had their colours removed, well I can't make it too easy for you now can I?

1)



2)



3)



4)



5)



6)



7)



8)





9)



10)




A possible 10 to score here.


Round 3: Quizzicles

This week the quizzicles are based on acronyms.

1) A lot of us in Europe have furniture from IKEA, but what does IKEA stand for?
2) If you were annoyed with a place you may say it is SNAFU, what is SNAFU?
3) In the UK you can but Flat-pack furniture from MFI, but what does MFI stand for (and it's not Made For Idiots mum!)
4) All of us use the tool called General Orginism Optimised for Gratification and Logical Exploration to find things, but what is it's more common name?
5) MI6 is Military Intelligence 6, so what is MI5?

Just the 5 points here I am afraid.


Answers to last weeks quiz:

Round 1: 1) The Departed/Matt Damon, 2) Prime/Uma Thurman, 3) Alfie/Jude Law, 4) Blair Witch 2/Kim Director, 5) Wizard of Oz/Jack Haley
Link: They were all at number 5 on November 5th, in the US top 5, for the last 10 years. Yes Wizard of Oz was at 5, in 1999 when re-released!

Round 2: 1) Jenny McCarthy, 2) Adam Ant, 3) Bryan Adams, 4) Tatum O'Neal, 5) Thandie Newton, 6) Sue Pollard, 7) Demi Moore, 8) Boris Becker, 9) Owen Wilson, 10) Billy Idol

Round 3: 1) Pyrotechnics, 2) James 1, 3) 1605, 4) Guido, 5) 30th, 6) from Latin Novem, 7) The first of each month starts on the same day every year (nice one Will!), 8) 11/11/1918 at 11am, 9) John B Connally, 10) Microsoft from Microcomputer Software.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yar Boo! Says me. I'm not leaving till this weekend, so I will be able to send you my answers.

Muahhahahahahaha <--Maniacal laughter.

Anonymous said...

Movie Link:
1) Ayyyy! Henry Winkler as Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli on Happy Days
2) Michael J. Fox as Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties
3) Meg Ryan on As The World Turns
4) Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone (but everyone just calls her Madonna) in A League Of Their Own
5) Leonardo DeCaprio as Frank Abagnale Jr. in Catch Me If You Can.

The Link) I thought I had you until you threw Madonna in. I thought it was that all were in Television early in their careers, but Madonna doesn't fit.

Branded
1) Puma
2) Adidas
3) Windows
4) Federal Bureau of Investingation (Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity)
5)
6)
7) The Texas Rangers [Major League Baseball] (remember, I'm from Texas {but I am a Houston Astros fan})
8) Pizza Hut
9) Visa
10) The Incredibles

Quizzicles
1) "Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd." The company name is a composite of the first letters in the founders name, Ingvar Kamprad, in addition to the first letters of the names of the property and the village in which he grew up
2) "Situation Normal: All Fouled Up" {the PG version} It is a military acronym
3) Malaria Foundation International... no probably not...Mullard Furniture Industries
4) Cool beans...I had no idea...Google
5) The British security service, sounds like our Central Intellegence Agency

Impman said...

Hey Will you are on the right lines with TV, but the link is in fact a someone not a something.

Wont say about the other answers, but lets just say I am smiling.

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought that I might have a chance to beat my extremely intellegent brother. I did all my answers before I looked at what Will put down so I think I can come into a close second AGAIN. I'll get him someday.

1) Henry Winkler - Happy Days
2) Michael J. Fox - Family Ties
3)
4) Madonna - A League Of Their Own
5) Leonardo DiCaprio - Catch Me If You Can

The link is Tom Hanks was in each of the movies or tv shows. I'm having a tough time with Will's # 3 as Meg Ryan, though she's been in a lot of movies with Tom, that picture just doesn't look like her. Hmmmm, still looking.

1) Puma
2) Adidas
3) Windows
4)
5)
6)
7) Texas Rangers - you have to know that a Texan will get that one (by the way Dave, you'll never meet a person more proud of the place they come from than a Texan.)
8) Pizza Hut
9) Visa
10)

1) Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd (man, that's like typing a forgign language hehehe)
2) Situation Normal - All F***ed up. Ha, I like that one.
3) Mullard Furniture Industries (that was hard to find)
4) Google (I didn't even have to look that one up...I'm so proud of myself)
5) Security Service

Well, there you go...at least I got the link before Will did (or at least I think I did).

Anonymous said...

Texas is a state of mind. I agree with Kim, Texas Born, Texas Proud.

I will agree with Kim on the Tom Hanks link, but don't give me any points for it because I didn't even think about Tom Hanks until I saw her answer. And that looks like an early Meg Ryan to me (Which is why I picked "As the World Turns")

Impman said...

This could be closer than you think Kim, especially after Will has conceded a possible 5 points, but is the link right ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave my answers for this week.
1-Henry Winkler- Happy Days
2-Michael J Fox- Family Ties
3-Meg Ryan-Rich and Famous
4-Madonna-A league of their own
5-Leo diCaprio- Catch me if you can

1-Puma
2-Adidas
3-Windows
4-FBI
5-6-Don't know
7-Bears baseball team don't know which one
8-Pizza hut
9-Visa
10-Incredibles

1-Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunaryd
2-Situation normal all f.... up
3-Mullard Furniture Industries
4-Google
5-Military Intelligence Section 5

I can never work out the connection but enjoy doing the quiz so I don't mind coming last every week!!
Love youxxx