Friday, April 27, 2007

Fun & Games

Quiz Time: Americana

As promised this weeks theme is on America, so our friends across the Atlantic should have a bit of an advantage. But, my mum has turned around and really thrown down the Gauntlet. She has stated that "just because Americans do a quiz on America doesn't mean to say they will win. I think I could very well do better!". Surely she cannot make it three wins on the trot?? Only Will has managed to do that.

As I am writing this sentance from the hotel at Birmingham airport, you will gather I am off on my travels again. This time it is India, so you have two whole weeks to do the quiz, you may need it especially for the quizzicles round.

Well let's see shall we, on with the quiz, click continue to, well, continue.


Round 1: Movie Link
Below are images of celebrities from movies, just give me the name of the celebrity and the movie. Then tell me what links them together.

1)



2)


3)



4) The lady's name


5)







Round 2: Warped Celebrities

All of these celebrities have something in common, they have all appeared in films with either America or American in the title. You just have to name the celebrity and the film. It can't be that hard I have given you half the title already!!

1)


2)


3)


4)


5)


6)


7)


8)


9)





10)




Round 3: SoundBites



Click on the blue arrow to hear the intro and then tell me what the song is and whether or not it is associated with an American TV show, by naming the show.










1) Clip 1
2) Clip 2
3) Clip 3
4) Clip 4
5) Clip 5
6) Clip 6
7) Clip 7
8) Clip 8
9) Clip 9
10) Clip 10

Round 4: Quizzicles

OK last up is the quizzicles, and this time we are talking American law. All of the following ARE actual laws, no mickey taking, these are for real! All you have to tell me is the State in which they are law. Have a think how many times you could have broken the law without knowing it!!!

1) Illegal to walk down the street with your shoelaces undone?
2) Illegal to buy alcohol without written permission from the wife?
3) A man has to remove his hat when he meets a cow?
4) Illegal to threaten a butterfly?
5) Illegal to take more than 3 sips of beer at one time, whilst standing?
6) Illegal to spit into the wind?
7) Illegal to eat cottage cheese after 6pm on a Sunday?
8) Illegal to peel an orange in a hotel room?
9) Illegal to carry fishing takle in a cemetery?
10)Illegal for a dog to chase a cat up a telegraph pole (the owner is fined) ?


5 comments:

Will said...

Why did you have to make this so hard Dave?

Okay, here is what I have so far.

Round 1
1. Bill Pullman
2. Morgan Freeman
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Shelly Winters in Night Of The Hunter
5. James Cromwell

No Clue on the link yet.

Round 2
1. Edward Norton
2. Shannon Elizabeth
3.
4.
5.
6. Ted McGinley
7. Eddie Murphey
8.
9.
10. Whoopi Goldberg

Round 3
Boy I suck at this one
1. sounds like the theme song to The Office
2. "I'll Be There For You" by the Rembrandts - Friends
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Round 4
I did good on this one.
1. Maine
2. Pennsylvania
3. Kentucky
4. California
5. Texas
6. Nebraska
7. Florida
8. California
9. Indiana
10. Minnesota

Holy Cow!

Anonymous said...

Hey I said it was a quiz on the States but I didn't say it was an easy one! It's nice to see you struggle for a change, but you certainly know your law LOL!

Will said...

I am a Legal Assistant for the State of Texas.

Anonymous said...

Right Dave,
Glad you are better, Jackie told me. Well I don't think I will do very well this time. I've spent hours trying to find answers and I can't do the sound clips I don't know any American TV programmes.I expect one of them is the Simpsons, anyway I'll post what I've got.
R1-
1-Bill Pullman-Whilst you were sleeping
2-Morgan Freeman-Batman Begins
3-Jack Nicholson-Lost in Translation
4-Polly Bergan-Cape Fear
5-James Cromwell-Deep Impact
Don't know link
R2-
1-Edward Norton-History X
2-Don't know
3-Thora Birch-American Beauty
4-Don't know
5-Richard Dreyfuss-American Graffiti
6-Don't know
7-Eddie Murphy-Coming to America
8&9-Don't know
10-Whoopi Goldberg-Made in America

Sound bites I don't know
R4-
1-Maine
2-Pensylvannia
3-Minisota
4-California
5-Texas
6-Nebraska
7-Tampa Bay Florida
8-California
9-Muncie Indianna
10-International falls Minesota
If I find anymore I'll post at weekend.
Good luck Will!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, great quiz. I think I have a few answers,

Round 1:

1. Bill Pullman in Rick
2. Morgan Freeman in Batman Begins
3. Jack Nicholson in Something's Gotta Give
4. Polly Bergen in Cape Fear
5. James Cromwell in The Queen

Link: They've all played US president (Independence Day, Deep Impact, Mars Attacks!, Kisses For My President, The Sum of All Fears).

Round 2:

6. Donald Gibb - Lost in America?

Round 3:

1. Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer - Dawson's Creek
2. I'll Be There For You by The Rembrandts - Friends
3. Searching My Soul by Vonda Shepard - Ally McBeal
4. I Quit by Hepburn - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Female of the Species by Space - Cold Feet
6. Woke Up This Morning by Leonard Cohen - The Sopranos
7. One Way or Another by Blondie - Sugar Rush
8. Just Looking by The Stereophonics - ?
9. ?
10. This Wheel's On Fire by The Byrds - Absolutely Fabulous