Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Fun & Games

Quiz Answers

I think Will may be regretting his choice of themes for the last quiz. By the way just got back from my trip, had a nightmare as I missed the connection in Miami due to AA's problems. But they did put me up in a hotel for the night.
I will put some details and photo's up on Barbados when I can. But onto the last quiz, and lets just say after the hours she put in a BIG well done to MUM!!
That's right mum, you have finally beaten the Champion of all quizzes Will.

Scores are;

Mum - 40

Will - 18 (but you did only answer 2 rounds!

Ok so click continue for answers;


Round 1: Movie Link

1) Gallipoli – Mel Gibson
2) Romper Stomper – Russell Crowe
3) The Piano – Holly Hunter
4) Ned Kelly – Heath Ledger
5) Proof – Hugo Weaving

Link: - All films were produced by the Australian Film Commission

Round 2: Antipodeans Celebrities

1) Cate Blanchett
2) Russell Crowe
3) Dame Edna Everage
4) Melissa George
5) Natalie Imbruglia
6) Kylie Minogue
7) John Farnham
8) Mel Gibson
9) Hugh Jackman
10)Nicole Kidman

Mel Gibson who was born in New York.
John Farnham who was born in Dagenham Essex.
Nicole Kidman who was born in Honolulu.

The others were born in Australasia.

Round 3: Waxing Lyrical

1) We gotta make ends meet before we get much older – The Voice/ John Farnham
2) Where women glow and men plunder? – Down Under/Men at Work
3) At 57 mt. pleasant st. – The Weather With You/Crowded House
4) So slide over here And give me a moment – Need you Tonight/INXS
5) Boy your lovin’ is all I think about – Can’t get you outta my head/Kylie Minogue
6) At what technology has found Is it what we need? Insania/Peter Andre
7) Hello, I'm just a fool who's willing to sit around – Hopelessly devoted to you/ONJ
8) Your arms are warm but they make me feel – Chains/Tina Arena
9) If you're lookin' for satisfaction I'm satisfaction guaranteed – Live Wire/ACDC
10)Don't you make me sad Our love could be deep as the ocean - Poison/Bardot
11)I thought I saw a man brought to life – Torn/Natalie Imbruglia
12)When superstars and cannonballs are running through your head – The Animal Song/Savage Garden

Round 4: Quizzicles

1) Box Jellyfish
2) Irakandji
3) Blue Ringed Octopus
4) Barrier Reef Cone Shell
5) The Scorpion Fish
6) Red back
7) 8
8) Inland Taipan
9) Funnel Web Spider
10) Marbled Cone Shell snail (it's the same family as number 4)

OK the next quiz will be when I can get to it again, and the theme is going to be Cartoons, which may just swing in Will's favour.

2 comments:

Will said...

Well done Dave's Mum!

Oh, I can't wait for the Cartton quiz!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Will, at last I won but guess that is only because you didn't complete the quiz and Kim didn't do it this time