Thursday, April 16, 2009

Judging by Appearances

Did you Judge by Appearances......?



Because I know I did!



The person I judged? None other than worldwide singing sensation Susan Boyle. Come on admit it, look at her...


For all those PRIVILEDGED enough to see this frumpy, odd looking Scotswoman, their first thought was "Oh Dear" I know to my regret that is what I thought. Simon Cowell, the most opinionated judge on Britains Got talent and probably the most cutting in his remarks (no matter how honest they might be), rolled his eyes when she told her age, as if he was saying "Yeah right".

Cut to the audience, and a young girl looking at her as if it was a clown convention. Then the music played and we all waited.....you know the rest.

At the end of the song, my daughter looked at me and said "daddy why are you crying?" I just stayed silent for a while and then said "I didn't know I was, she has got one hell of a voice"

20 million hits on youtube, in talks already for a recording contract, but does this phase Susan, so far no. Lets hope it doesn't change.

Susan Boyle has given me something to remember, normally I wait until I know someone before judging them, but I forgot all about that with Susan, just expecting the worst. Happily I was proven wrong.

But one of the best things was Cowells reaction, he sat there head in hands and gave a noticeable dream like sigh, as if to say "This is what I call dreamland, heaven, this is the the voice I have waited for for years". Or was it the thought of the money he could make from it all?

Susan Boyle may not win Britain's Got Talent, but she has given hope to countless millions, joy to millions, and made us all look at each other in a different light. For that I say...

THANK YOU SUSAN!


No comments: