Friday, April 03, 2009

A few things

Nice to have thing the way I want

It has been an interesting few months to say the very least. I have gotten in touch with a mate I thought I had lost, have settled in to my new flat, have been away in the UK on countless jobs and managed to watch a few films, as well as design a new DVD cover! Like wow finally I have managed to do what I want, with nobody to have a go at me!

Here is the cover;


Yep it's Monsters Vs Aliens, Ok I know it has only just come out in the cinemas but what I like to do is try to anticipate what the DVD cover might look like upon it's release. It is also a film that I want to take my kids to see, but only when Chloe is out of her wheelchair!

The other cover I am working on is Terminator 4 : Salvation.

OK so what films have I seen, well there has been one that has been on my wanted list for a whils but to be honest I was disappointed.....

CLOVERFIELD

So here is the premise is of some friends at a party, and one guy is videotaping them, very soon something crashes to the ground, and the next thing we know the friends are on the run.

Lets cut to the chase, the first 20 minutes of this film are shite, nothing happens and it is sooooo boring, I was about to turn it off when the 'thing' landed and all hell broke lose. Except it didn't really, shaky camera action, glimpses of the monster, and to be honest not a lot else going on.

The glimpses you get of the creature aren't great so it keeps you guessing, and the acting is pretty believeable, but the thing that makes the film "better" is the use of shaky hand cam action. The clever use of this gives you the feel of being there. Aside from that it really isn't a movie I would have paid to watch at the cinema, especially the crap begining. OK there are some good things, but overall it just doesn't grab the attention long enough.

So 2*'s for cloverfield, next up I am hoping to watch Hellboy 2, and as I really enjoyed Hellboy, I am looking forward to this one!






No comments: