Friday, June 15, 2007

Quiz Answers

Fantasy Quiz Answers

Well, unfortunately there were only 2 people who had a go at the quiz this time round, so to allow more time for people to post their answers, I am now gong to do the quiz once a month.
It probably makes more sense to do so.

So let see who won, well it wasn't my mum, she did manage to get all the quizzicles questions right, but finished on 12 out of 45. So the winner HANDS DOWN, was WILL who only missed one question, for an INCREDIBLE 44 out of 45.

The alien you missed will, was from the film Wing Commander.

Check the answers by clicking continue.


Round 1: Movie Links

1) Bridgette Wilson/Mortal Kombat
2) Milla Jokavich/Resident Evil
3) The Rock/Doom
4) Raul Julia/Street Fighter
5) David Warner/Wing Commander

Link: All started out as video games

Round 2: Aliens

1) War of the Worlds
2) Dark City
3) Pass the Salt or Slither
4) Wing Commander
5) Species
6) Star Wars
7) Alien
8) Men in Black 2
9) The Thing
10) Starship troopers

Round 3: Sound bites

1) 2001 a space odyssey
2) Aliens
3) Batman and Robin
4) Blade runner
5) The day the earth stood still
6) Dragonheart
7) The Fifth Element
8) Independence Day
9) Princess bride
10) Ghostbusters

Round 4: Quizzicles

1) Dragonlance
2) Jacob and Wilhelm
3) Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer
4) John Ronald Reuel
5) Labyrinth
6) Between 34 and 64, no-one really knows
7) Tribbles
8) It was never finished
9) Ganymede
10) The Ankh Morpork City Watch, from the Discworld novels

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

Sorry for not entering this quiz. I've been super busy lately and while it's been hovering near the top of the 'to do' pile I never quite made it. Suffice to say I wouldn't have measured up to Will's impressive display, so congrats to him and looking forward to the next one.

Regards,
RT

Will said...

Dang it, I thought I try looking at Wing Commander! Grr, Great quiz though. (I like the movie quotes better then music, I'm not good at them).

Anonymous said...

Ditto Rollo's comments--I kept meaning to come back to enter a weak entry. I'm not a huge fan of Sci-Fi/Fantasy so I always knew I'd have a lot of research to get half of them right.

Seeing Will's score, I must admit I'm glad I didn't try cause my score would have just been pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Next one may be a bit better for you, it's based on travel. HA HA HA HA