Friday, January 19, 2007

Firsts and beginnings Quiz Questions and Answers

Will is the Champ yet again! He managed to get a fantasic 58/65, with just two mistakes, and not getting the link to the parts question. My mum got 36, which is pretty good.

Amazingly though Will actually practically gave the answer to the links away in his Star Wars answer. The clip shown was from the Original Star Wars film, that was entitled Star Wars Pt'4, later to be called A New Hope. It was the only one of the 10 that was an original put was not part 1!

No quiz this week as I am travelling, but the next one is going to be on Children, thanks to Kim!

OK on with the answers






Round One: Picture This

Star Trek First Contact, First Blood, First Knight, First Wives Club, 50 First Dates. The word FIRST links them all.

Round 2: Picture this as well

1) Saw/part 2
2) Superman/part 3
3) Pirates of the Caribbean/part 3
4) 101 Dalmations/original
5) X-Men/original
6) Men in black/part 2
7) Lord of the Rings/original
8) Police Academy/original
9) Terminator/part 2
10) Star Wars/original but now part 4


Round 3: My first Number 1 UK hit.

1) Didn’t know how lost I was till I found you. (Like a Virgin/Madonna)1st N0.1 album!
2) So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye. (Bohemian Rhapsody/Queen)
3) Some nights you’re like nothing I’ve ever seen before or will again. (I would do anything for love (but I wont do that))Meatloaf
4) Once I had a love and it was divine. (Heart of Glass/Blondie)
5) We-de-de-de, de-de-de-de-de-de, we-um-um-a-way? (The lion sleeps tonight/Tight Fit)
6) Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past. (Eye of the Tiger/Survivor)
7) Everyone’s a super-hero, everyone’s a Captain Kirk. (99 Red Balloons/Nena)
8) Ya’ll act like you never seen a white person before. ( The Real Slim Shady/Eminem)
9) When it’s all over please get up and leave. (Independent woman Pt. 1/Destiny’s Child)
10) I’ve never seen a sight that didn’t look better looking back. (Wandrin’ Star/Lee Marvin)


Round 4: Quizzicles

The famous (surely by now it is!) Quizzicles round, just answer the questions, and remember the theme.

1) Nice easy one to start, Buzz Aldrin was second, but who came first? Neil Armstrong
2) “The Colour of Magic “was the first, but what was the second? The Light Fantastic
3) Who is credited with winning the very first Academy Award of Merit? Emil Jannings for Best Actor
4) How long did it take Captain Matthew Webb to do what he was the first person to do? 21 hours 45 minutes
5) In 1974, Stockholm, Kaissa won the worlds first what? Computer Chess Tournement
6) The magnifying glass is used throughout the world, but who invented it? Roger Bacon
7) At the age of 64 Annie Taylor became the first woman to achieve what remarkable feat? Go over Niagara falls in a barrel
8) Alice Wells became the first what in 1910? US Policewoman
9) In 1872, who became the first woman to run for the Presidency of the USA? Victoria Woodhall
10) Who was the first black US Secretary of State? Colin Powell in 2000


5 comments:

Will said...

You mean the ninth picture, the one of the Terminator, the one that wasn't in T2? Are you sure, it wasn't in Terminator 3?

Okay, cool, just checking...Whoo Hoo! I Won! Whoo Hoo. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can´t believe I put down T2 as the answer, I even had Terminator 3 :Rise of the Machines down on the paper with all the answers on!
Thanks for pointing it out to me Will, although I had marked your answer for that one as been right!

Sorry again, from Impman, in a Sunny, beautifully Scenic Venezuela, on a steam driven Internet connection at the workplace!

ladyluck3819 said...

so, how was your travel???

Sara Seahorse said...

You have been tagged - this means you have to blog 5 facts about yourself then tag five other people!

Anonymous said...

Five facts about myself...Hmmmm I am still in Venezuela fact 1. I am bored out my tree fact 2. I have 2 lovely kids fact 3. I love my wife fact 4. Fact 5, I aint got 5 friends I can tag Boo-Hoo!