Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fun and Games

Weekly Quiz

OK folks here we go for this weeks quiz, sorry it is a bit later in the day than normal, but there were a few issues at work with the internet connection. Now last weeks quiz turned into a battle royal between to siblings, each competing for the bragging rights against each other. But in the end by a single point the winner was... Well let me just tell you the points scoring, it's 1 point each for the 2 - part Movie link, and a bonus of 5 for getting the link, so last week round 1 was worth 15, Round 2 was a straight 1 point for each celebrity, making 10, and round 3 was a point for each correct answer, so 5 points there available. So out of a possible 30, the winner was...


WILL with 23, Kim got 22, and Mum 13!

On with this weeks quiz,

Round 1 : Movie Links

OK it is a little bit different this week with the movie links. I want you to give me the actor/actresses name, and the film they were in from the image. Then give me what links them, it may not necessarily relate to the film that is shown.

1)











2)












3)



4)



5)



Round 1 has 15 points on offer!

Round 2: Who's in the House?

Nice easy one now (well you know me!) All you have to do is identify the residence and let me know the film/TV program it was best known for, I will give you the first one as an example of what I am after, which means you are all going to get 2 points at least for this round!

1) Amityville House - The Amityville Horror



2)



3)



4)



5)



6)



7)



8)



9)



10)



A Massive 20 points available in this round!

Round 3: Quizzicles

The final round is the questions challenge, this week they have a colourful theme to them, in that the questions have colours in them.

1) Where is the ORANGE River?
2) BRONZE is an alloy of which two metals?
3) What tree produces YELLOW flowers in the Spring, is poisonous and belongs to the Leguminosae?
4) In which film were the "BLUE Meanies" featured?
5) Who would wear the GREEN jersey in the Tour de France?

Answers to last week:

Round 1: Movie Link - 1) John F Kennedy/JFK, 2) Baseball Field/Field of Dreams, 3) Robin Hood statue/Robin Hood:Prince of Theives, 4) Postman Pat/The Postman, Message in a Bottle/Message in a Bottle. The link was Kevin Costner

Round 2: Celebrity Waves - 1) Reese Witherspoon (Will I am shocked!), 2) Jeff Goldblum, 3) Laura Dern, 4) Billy Joel, 5) Dolly Parton, 6) Morgan Freeman, 7) Shirley McClain, 8) Michael J. Fox (good spot Will), 9) Bette Midler (Even better spot Mum), 10) James Earl Jones

Round 3: Quizzicles - 1) Switzeland, 2) A Lizard, 3) True, 4) An Empty Tomb, 5) A Snow Leopard

GOOD LUCK FOR THIS WEEK!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe, I'm beating Will to the punch again. But I did wait awhile Will, I promise.

1. Roger Moore - ?
2. John Cleese - ?
3. Sean Connery - The League of Estraodinary Gentlemen
4. Honor Blackman - ?
5. Judi Dench - Chocolat (had to pick a Johnny Depp movie for this one, which made me recognize her)

The relation is they've all been in a James Bond movie.

1) Amityville House - The Amityvill Horror (oh, that one was hard to figure out :o)
2) The Bates Motel - Psycho
3) The Simpsons House - The Simpsons
4) The little house in The Little House on the Prarie (my favorite show growing up)
5) Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany - Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang
6)
7)
8)
9) The Disney Land Castle (which was inspired by the Neuschwanstein Castle - Disney Land
10)

1) Africa
2)
3) Yellow Submarine
4) The sprint point winner

Impman said...

You have done pretty well Kim, But I am not giving any clues away!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, my answers to quiz
1-Lionel Jefferies- Chitty Chitty Bang bang
2-John Cleese-Life of Brian
3-Sean Connery-Indianna Jones
4-Ursula Andress-She
5-Annette Crosby-One Foot in the Grave---Don't know connection







1-You told us the answer
2-Bates House-Psycho
3-Simpsons House-Simpsons
4-Jon boys House- Little house on the prairie
5-Natsomething castle in Bavaria-Dracula
6-Don't know
7-Colditz castle-Colditz
8-Southfork-Dallas

1-Africa
2-Copper and Tin
3-Laburnum
4-A beatles film
5-Rider with most sprint points--

Anonymous said...

Here again Dave- I think Annette Crosbie could be portraying Miss Haversham in Great Expectations
The last house looks if it could be a howse from Deliverence.
Hope you are okayxx

Impman said...

Looking VERY good Mum, but what is a howse? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Tough one this week. I will try to get my answers in this weekend. I have a question concerning English titles. The reason I am bringing this up is the inclusion of Judi Dench. I know from her IMDb bio that she was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire in 1970, and was created Dame of Order of the British Empire in 1988. So my question is, should I properly address her as Dame Judi Dench, as I have heard her called? I have the same question about actors that have been awarded a Knighthood, should I call them Sir, like Sir Sean Connery, who was knighted in 1999?

Impman said...

IT is up to you, if you met them in the street you would address them as Dame Judi, or Sir Sean.

For this quiz I would accept either, but I had to put down Sir Alec Guinness for the last quiz, due to respect!

If you ever had to introduce her at a party you would have to say "The honourable Dame Judi Dench OBE", as this is her full title.

It's about time you found a toughy one, your quizes have me searching the net for ages!

Anonymous said...

Okay, here goes.

1) I like the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from your mumsy so I am going to say Dick Van Dyke in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
2) John Cleese in Life of Brian
3) Sean Connery in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
4) I also agree with your mum for Ursula Andress in She.
5) Dame Judi Dench in Chocolat (defer to Kim and Johnny Depp movies, When I saw what she wrote I said, yep, that fits)

The connection, there are all in movies based on novels written by Ian Fleming.

Round 2:
Here is where you get to laugh
1) I think it is Amityville House from The Amityvile Horror.
2) The Bates residence behind the hotel from Psycho
3) 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield (where the Simpsons life) from the Simpsons
4) The little house that is on the prairie (The Engall's house) from Little House On The Prairie.
5) Again with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from your mum. Neuschwanstein Castle in Vulgaria (Side Note: I love the name Truly Scrumptious for the heroine, one of the best Ian Fleming fictional names around)
6) here is where you start getting me good. The house from Strangers on a Train?
7) Dracula's Castle in Bram Stroker's Dracula?
8) The house from A Haunting In Conneticut?
9) Snow White's Castle in Disneyworld.
10) The Weasley's home in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Round 3
1) South Africa
2) Copper and Tin
3) Robin?s Egg Blue Acacia?
4) The Yellow Submarine
5) The maillot vert awarded fro sprint points

Impman said...

Exceptionally GOOD Will, even the bit in French has added to your outstanding score, not perfect but not far off!