Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter

Thank's Harry





Well even though I am only on the chapter named after the book, The Daethly Hallows, I can safely say that this is probably going to be one of the best books in the series. I am only managing to read one hours worth a night at the moment, otherwise it would have been finished long ago.


Now when the book was released my home town of Corby had a special Harry Potter day, to celebrate the release. Magicians, owls and competitions abounded. One of those competitions was a Harry Potter trail, where kids (and adults) could win Severus Snape's wand. All they had to do was to go around the town, looking at the shop windows for posters containing objects from the books.


Well, there must have been quite a few people who entered, and the winner was drawn out of a hat (the sorting hat!). The winner??? None other than my son Adam!!! Now as he is only two, I have had to take the wand into my custody until he comes of age and can have it. Do you think 65, is a good enough age???



Now a question for anyone that can answer it. What do the symbols mean on the wand box? An example of this is shown in the top left of the picture above. I know the answer, but do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
Fancy Adam winning the wand!! Is it the original one or a replica? Whatever it looks a nice keepsake.Guess you are going to be the custodian till he's 65!!