Monday, September 22, 2008

Has it really been that long?

A sight for Sore Eyes

Job is going well, training pretty relaxed (but I haven't done the hard stuff yet!!!), and I am just back from holiday in Majorca. A lovely little place called C'an Picafort, which has a great beach, clear water and shallow (up to your waist 200 yards out!).
But on Friday everything will become even clearer for me, as I am finally getting Laser Eye Surgery done! I can kiss goodbye to the specs for good, not long now which means the butterflies will be starting in earnest.
Here is what my surgery is about;

"LASIK stands for laser assisted in situ keratomileusis which refers to creating a flap in the cornea with a microkeratome and using a laser to reshape the underlying cornea.
In LASIK eye surgery, precise and controlled removal of corneal tissue by a special laser reshapes the cornea to change its focusing power. In this way, LASIK eye surgery can correct a wide range of refractive errors.
LASIK is a suitable procedure for correcting the most severe refractive errors."


Sounds gruesome, but if it means I don't keep having my glasses knocked into my face by my son, then all the better.

I have also checked on Wikipedia for the complications, and they still haven't put me off. So I will post again soon after the op to let you know how it's gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you Dave. Hope you have perfect eye sight forever.
Love mumxx

Will said...

Good Luck, We're All Counting On You.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys! And I am happy to report all is well and I can see like a dream. If you wear glasses, get it done, it REALLY does make a difference you can say AMAZING!!! every 5 minutes, it really is that good! - No pain, LOADS of GAIN